Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Attack of the gold filigree

I finally had time to find some of our house pictures pre-renovation. This is the "before" picture of our downstairs half bath. I apologize if the screen on your computer spontaneously combusts in protest of subjecting your eyes to such bad taste. I feel like I should be in the picture, sitting on the toilet in a floral housecoat. My hair would be in sponge rollers, eyes doused in blue shadow, with a Pall Mall dangling out of my mouth.


The picture does not do this gem justice. The two hanging pineapple globe lights are clearly not visible here. You also cannot see the atrocious vinyl flooring emblazened with gold swirls. Then there is that wallpaper with the fake marble print, simply glorious. I know, I can see you scratching your head wondering why we couldn't leave good enough alone.

Would you like to see what it looks like now? I think that you really need to let this picture sink in for today. If I lived with it for years, you can live with it for a day. It will be tough, I know.


4 comments:

C. Beth said...

I was going to post about how much I LOVE that bathroom and how perfect it is, but I don't think I can pull off a lie that big. ;) Looking forward to seeing the tastefully renovated

Amy said...

I LOVED this bathroom before you remodeled. It went so well with the pink floral wallpaper in the dining room...

Kara said...

Ouch. That makes our "all gray - everything gray! floors, walls, toilet, shower: gray!" bathroom look downright gorgeous. Nothing like buying a house to show you how little taste the general public has, eh? I can't wait to see the "after" pic!

Lyndsay said...

Amy ... so happy to see you here :) Don't you think I won't be posting the dining wallpaper and that story at a later date!