Friday, April 2, 2010

You asked for it ...

Hi everyone, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your concern and thoughtfulness regarding my sudden exodus from blogging land. So much has been happening in life and somehow through the midst of it all, I think I lost my funny. Writing isn’t nearly as entertaining when you can’t find your damn funny anywhere.

In December, I started a new job. For the record, I love it and it has been an awesome career move. However, it has also come with all of the accompanying stress and pressures of a new job. I dislike being the new kid on the block. My raging Type A personality hates not having all the answers and being kick-ass at my job. My competitive spirit gets a little annoyed with starting over, having to prove myself, and not being the “go to” person on the team. Then there is the drama of new people and new relationships, figuring out who to trust and who should send you screaming into the night. Four months in, I’m feeling more settled and a slightly less incompetent.

Remember all of the health problems I was having last fall? Don’t make me remind you … Despite having sought consultation from multiple Dr’s and having more tests than one would deem possible, I had to diagnose myself and ask my physician to test my gallbladder. Guess what? It was functioning at 2.5% and I quote the surgeon who said, “that is grossly abnormal; I actually can’t believe you are functioning you should be in so much pain.” Good times. It went to gallbladder heaven on March 11th after a MINOR OUTPATIENT surgery. Yes, a minor outpatient surgery that brought me to my knees for days, left me looking 5 months pregnant, and kept me off work for a week.

The fun doesn’t end there though. In routine testing in preparation for surgery, they found “an area of concern” on my EKG. Let’s not even get me started, I’m quite sure you’d have to pull up a seat and stay all night for this one. Only I would go in for minor surgery and come out with more problems than when I went in. I "may or may not" have a very serious cardiac condition … but I’ve had conflicting information from 4 different physicians on the answer to that questions over the past 3 weeks. If I have the “problem”, it is something that can cause someone to suddenly go into cardiac arrest. I think life nearly has me on the edge of cardiac arrest, I don’t need assistance with that, thankyouverymuch. Since I don’t take halfass for an answer, since MY HEALTH is at risk, and since I have been forbidden to run in the meantime (despite being mid-training for my first 10k), I took my Doctor’s advice and will be in consult at the Cleveland Clinic on Monday with one of the nation’s best electrophysiologists. (I’m thinking it isn’t a good sign when Cleveland gets you in in a week, no?)

Best case scenario, I’m normal. Worst case scenario, I do have LQTS (don’t Google this unless you want to lose sleep for decades) and I end up with a pacemaker or a Dick Cheney (ICD). Regardless, at the end of the day, I’ll have answers.

And don’t EVEN get me started about what else is happening around this nut house.

See, I lost my funny.

But I’m here and that’s gotta count for something, right?

11 comments:

C. Beth said...

I was so excited to see you post! And I'm looking forward to hearing what you find out next week. I'm sorry it's been so rough, Lyndsay. :(

Anonymous said...

Going to Cleveland in a week might not be the best thing, but the Clinic is the best. I've had multiple surgeries there and it is because of them that I'm not still on crutches. I'm sorry to hear that you have to go through all this!

Amanda
(I used to just read your blog among others, but came out of hiding and started my own blog)

notquiteginger said...

glad you're back, not glad you've had such a pants time. hang in there x

Tia said...

So sorry to hear of all the uncertainness. Is that even a word? Well, I live in the Cleveland area and am happy to help you however I can. If Kate is coming, Ellie would love a new little girlfriend to play with. Seriously, whatever you need. A good restaurant recommendation, a friend to have coffee with, some home cooked food. Seriously. Whatever you need. My email is treeddavis @ gmail dot com. The Clinic is fantastic so hopefully, you can get the answers you need.

Tia said...

Did I say "Seriously, whatever you need" twice? Man. I guess I really mean it!

Call Me Cate said...

It's scary to know the experts are getting you in so soon - but it's GOOD the experts are taking you seriously. Only the best in care for you.

I've been thinking about you. Wishing you very well and glad to see an update. Take care!

MS said...

I'm really glad to see you posting again and to know that, while things may not be going well, no great huge irreversible tragedy has befallen you or your family.

Wishing you a speedy return to good health!

Carrieann said...

Yay! I'm so excited to see you on my blog listing again!

Ann Imig said...

Lyndsay. I HAVE been worried about you. Your health, especially. I tried emailing you, but it bounced back to me.

So glad you are okay. Congrats on the new job.

Stupid gallbladder!

Ann

Sschraed said...

I was very worried. I checked often..glad you are back :)

Joss said...

Funny or not, glad to see you're back. :) (BTW, I wasn't like, calling you 'not' funny, I still think you have your funny...with a twist).