Friday, September 26, 2008

What shall her stage name be?

You can all breath a sigh of relief; I achieved Mother of the Year at the dentist yesterday. For the first time, I am not being sarcastic when I proclaim that. Kate can now add professional actress to her lengthy resume, which will either mean large riches are imminent, or we are even more screwed than initially expected.

The dentist has been fully fooled into thinking we have our act together.

< insert evil laugh here >

She climbed into the chair, sat perfectly still, and opened her mouth wide. She let them use the mirror and count all of her teeth. When the hygienist asked if she brushed her teeth, she nodded vigorously and insisted upon a toothbrush to demonstrate her skills. You know, because we do it so well at home. Then, you must sit down for this; she let her BRUSH HER TEETH for about 5 solid minutes. The little shit, her secret is totally out. Now I just need to figure out how we can incorporate two trips a day there to get her teeth brushed. I am a little worried that they might catch on.

Part of me was beyond irritated at this public display of compliance, but that was outweighed by the fact that we pulled a fast one on the dentist.

As we head into Friday, I will remind you that this is class weekend. I’m just saying that so you can feel relief at not being me. Now your weekend doesn’t sound so bad, does it?

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow! Go Kate! She fooled them. Maybe she can give Jenna a lesson!

Kara said...

Yay Kate!

My mom loves to tell the story of taking my sister to the dentist when she was about 3 yo. My mom could never get her to brush her teeth, it was a constant struggle. So the dentist asked my sister, "And do you brush your teeth at night?" and my sister said in this angelic voice "oh yes, I brush two times a day. I love to brush!" My mom was floored at the absolute LIES pouring out of my sister's mouth, but appreciated not getting scolded by the dentist!