Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What is this work of which you speak?

Last night, Kate was busy picking up everything in the family room and dumping it into an empty diaper box. We call that redecorating in the abstract art sense. Since I didn't get to see her the night before, I really wanted to spend some quality time with her before bed.

ME: Kater-bug, Do you want to color with your Momma?

KATE: No, mom. I've got work to do.

I can guarantee you that I've never uttered that phrase to my darling daughter. Heck, I look for excuses not to do work, I don't use it as an excuse. I am wondering what exactly she's been hired to do and by whom. On second thought, I guess it doesn't matter. We are eagery anticipating her first paycheck. Maybe it will cover her daycare expense. No? Okay, I guess I'll take a contribution towards all of those M&M's then.

No comments: