Thursday, September 18, 2008

Let's start that list tomorrow

I just came across this quote, “Procrastination is attitude’s natural assassin.” I initially felt total defeat, knowing that means I’ll most likely have a horrible attitude for eternity. Then, the optimist in me realized that really just meant I now have a very good excuse for having a bad attitude.

Just kidding. Sort of.

I am not intentionally a procrastinator, although I really do work best under pressure. The majority of my so-called procrastination is really based on having WAY TOO MANY THINGS TO DO. You can only incorporate so many priorities and responsibilities before you just have to do everything at the last minute.

I’m making a resolution right now to work on changing that. I figured if I told the Internet this, I’d be more likely to accomplish it. You know, I’d rather actually have to take care of these things than risk having to wear a wig, change my name, and die my eyebrows so the Internet doesn’t recognize me, and therefore can’t ask, “So, how is that project coming along?”

The Short Term List:

Clean the storage room and playroom in our house. Words cannot describe the accumulation of junk in these rooms. Everything that doesn’t have a home goes there. There is no excuse.

Develop a rotation of 21 dinners. It takes way too much brainpower to think about what to have for dinner each week. That doesn’t include the grocery list, the shopping, and the cooking. I get lost in the thinking part. Kill me now.

The Extended Short Term List:

Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Kate’s Birthday
My Sister’s baby shower
Finishing 3 classes
Taking my certification test

Yes, they are all in the 4 month window and I’ve not done a thing. Nothing. Nadda. Excuse me while I hyperventilate and carry on with my bad attitude. I’m not nearly as funny in a panic. Geez. Maybe I need to go back to procrastinating. I think I like that method better.

No comments: