Some things I learned over the weekend:
- A flower girl cannot be properly buckled in her car seat with her flower girl dress on.
- Letting a kid ride in a car seat in only tights and shoes should be punishable to the fullest extent of the law.
- No matter what excuse you have, putting a dress on your kid in the parking lot is trashy. The trashiness factor increases by the number of times you do it.
- Do not continue to remind the flower girl that her daddy will be at the front of the church waiting for her. If you do, the flower girl will stop half way down the aisle and yell, “There is my daddy!”
- When the ring bearer lies in the middle of the dance floor on his back, there is an explicit guarantee that the flower girl will do the same thing.
- When someone asks you, “What do you feed that kid?” you know things really are as crazy as you thought they were, even if you secretly hoped no one else noticed.
- When you ask the flower girl if she had fun at the wedding, you know she did when her only response is a forlorn, “Daddy said I have to stop dancing.”